The Victorian Forestry Plan supports the transition of the native timber industry while protecting as many jobs as possible. Transition support packages are available for workers, businesses and the community.
A transition team is supporting local communities and businesses.
They are based in Gippsland, North-East Victoria and the Central Highlands.
For support in your area, please contact:
- Gippsland — Andrew van der Kaap, Business Transition Support Officer, 0417 992 636
- North-East Victoria — Kara Zdrzalka (Hinton), Business Transition Support Officer, 0417 483 803
- Wellington Shire and East Gippsland local government areas (LGAs) — Ruth Fitzclarence, Community Transition Support Officer, 0400 776 040
- Yarra Ranges and Baw Baw LGAs — Yoshi De Wilde, Community Transition Support Officer, 0499 830 051
- Murrindindi, Benalla, Towong and Gannawarra LGAs — Jenny Pena, Community Transition Support Officer, 0400 447 342
Mental health and wellbeing support
Mental health support is available if the forestry transition process is affecting your health and wellbeing, or people you know are being affected.
Page last updated: 16 January 2023