Regulatory impact statements
Proposed Retail Leases Regulations 2023 – Regulatory Impact Statement
A Regulatory Impact Statement (RIS) has been prepared in relation to the proposed Retail Leases Regulations 2023 (the proposed Regulations):
- Retail Leases Regulations 2023 – Regulatory Impact Statement Retail Lease Regulations 2023 Regulatory Impact Statement RIS FINAL.docx (DOCX 489.85 KB)
- Proposed Retail Leases Regulations 2023 Attachment 2 - Retail Leases Regulations 2023 Exposure Draft.pdf (PDF 326.28 KB)
Proposed Retail Leases Regulations 2023 Retail Leases Regulayions First Exposure.DOCX (DOCX 99.95 KB)
The proposed Regulations will be made under section 99 of the Retail Leases Act 2003. They are intended to replace the Retail Leases Regulations 2013 which sunset on 16 April 2023.
The proposed Regulations that are the subject of the Regulatory Impact Statement:
- make provision with respect to the amount of occupancy costs for the purpose of excluding certain retail premises;
- make provision with respect to the amount of outgoings payable by a tenant;
- prescribe the form of the landlord’s disclosure statement;
- prescribe other matters required by the Act to be prescribed.
Public comment is invited on the proposed Regulations and RIS. Please note that all comments and submissions received will be treated as public documents.
Comments and submissions should be received by the Department of Jobs, Skills, Industry and Regions no later than 5 pm on 14 March 2023. Please email your content and submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 20 February 2023